Dear Everyone,
Wow has this been a wonderful week. Not easy but the Lord is blessing me. He likes to teach us lessons as we are teaching lessons and help us feel the spirit as we are humble. I am trying my best to more fully rely on Him. This week we have found a lot of people from Napal and Bhutan and none of them speak very good english or in their own words they speak "little little" english.
Being a missionary and talking to literally everyone you see makes for some very interesting conversations but one lesson we had this week was with Elmi. He and his family are from eastern europe somewhere and they are muslim (We have been talking to a lot of muslims lately). The whole time they just wanted to share with us what they believe and they that what we believe in is similar and how we are all humans. The tough part is when they are talking in english and are explaining things to us they were practically yelling the whole time and repeated everything about 10 times. Language barriers are fun. The whole lesson I was praying in my heart what we should do or teach them. We tried teaching them the restoration but they would not stop talking (it happens all the time with most people we teach). I had the prompting to read to them out of the Book of Mormon three times before I told my companion that we needed to. We started to read out of 3 Nephi 11. As I was reading about Christ I was overcome with the spirit. I testified to them of how he lives today. I was close to crying. I don't know if they felt what I felt or understood what I testified of. I don't think that lesson was for them. It was for me. Heavenly Father answered my prayer. I was comforted by the spirit. I wasn't worried about how the lesson went because I know that He loves me. I felt what I needed to feel. It was a humbling experience. I know that I should constantly seek the direction of Heavenly Father not just in times of need. I know we always try to ask him for help but when we are really sincere and pour out our heart to him like I had to that is when he will answer us. If we are going through the motions it doesn't mean much. Make prayer meaningful.
I also taught some guys from Ethiopia. I don't think many missionaries have the chance to teach so many different people in just one area. Most of the people from Africa here are from Liberia so that was a first. I have taught people from Liberia, Russia, Eithiopia, Loas, India, Napal, Sudan, and Bhutan in just this last week. The Lord loves all his children. I am grateful I can teach people from all over the world. I know that Jesus Christ lives and that he works through us his servants. Knowing how blessed I am it gives me more motivation for every one to recieve those blessings too. Get out of your comfort zone and talk to those who you truely care about. If you want them to have the blessing of the Gospel of Jesus Christ you are most likely that person who is supposed to share it with them so that they can follow Him. Do your part. Also learn to love and talk to those who feel that they can't fit in. They need you.
Pray that the winter in my mission will be mild this year ;)
Love,
Elder Turner
No comments:
Post a Comment