So I forgot to mention in last weeks email I almost hit two deer while driving back from Brandon at night. It is a good thing I am a good driver. The deer seem to be out all the time now when I am driving. Fun stuff.
Our 78 year old investigator Carolyn has still been hard to meet with but we got a lesson set with her and the we got the whites in our ward to come with us. Sister White knows her so it was a big plus. She has continued to read a lot and we committed her to come to church finally. Well kinda. She can't meet till after January 4th now and she will come to church after that. The good thing is I know she will keep her commitment. I know she will be baptized just not while I am here most likely.
William still has crazy excuses for not coming to church but he gave us a bacon cheeseburger pizza from papa murpheys. I got sick from it but hey he is trying to feed me. I don't know how to help him at this point. In cases like this I feel like the only thing I can for him is pray.
Lindsey is continuing to do awesome as she progresses in the gospel. We gave her a triple combination and she was super excited. I don't know if anyone likes to read from the scriptures as much as she does. She continues to invite her boyfriend and mom to church so hopefully soon they will accept and we can start teaching them.
On Saturday we were out tracting by Harrisburg and the first house we came to a guy named Greg answered the door. He is a really nice guy but he turned us down at first but we still talked. Five minutes into the conversation we talked about how it was super warm out for Sioux Falls at 50 degrees and he said it is just as nice as southern California where he used to live. I asked him where. He is from Riverside. I told him how I am from Temecula and then we talked for about 30 more minutes. He mentioned how he worked with some mormons in california. One of their last names was Young (same as my companion). I asked him if he had ever read from the Book of Mormon and he said no but he is interested. He turned us down but at the end he said we could come back and we left him with a book of Mormon. There was much more to the conversation that was purely divine but it is hard to explain all of it. It was perfect. He is the second person that I will teach that is from the same county as me. Andreanna is from there too.
Potluck after Church was awesome. I always seem to sit with the adult women in the ward at activities now. It is pretty funny. Sister Yang pronouced young fixed my suit pants as best she could. They are a little tighter now but I can wear them again which is a huge plus. As we were eating Sister White told me how she loved how I eat so much. She said my wife will love me for that.
It was raining as we walked to the library but it was 30 degrees. Cold rain. I am hoping it isn't raining tonight because we are caroling tonight. It is going to be sweet. I decided caroling is the best finding idea for a missionary ever.
Elder Turner
No comments:
Post a Comment