This week started off great with a bunch of lessons and we had many lessons planned but my companion was not feeling to good for two days so we had to cancel some lessons and I was stuck inside for a whole day. I had all day to read scriptures. Who gets the chance to do that?! Learning and gaining knowledge and wisdom through the scriptures, inspired(By the Holy Spirit of truth and promise) testimonies of the prohets and apostles of our Lord Jesus the Christ is one of the greatest blessing we as children of our Heavenly Father have. If you are ever discouraged with reading the scriptures and maybe they don't seem very clear pray to God for the ability to read and understand them. When we ask for questions such as is the Book of Mormon the word of God translated by his servant the prophet Joseph Smith Jr.? we have to have real intent and we have to act and do our best to understand it. If we don't spend time in the scriptures and try our best to understand them then we will not recieve help from Him. We have to do our part.
Those who recieve all the blessing from God such as his Kingdom and Eternal Life, etc. will not live a life without trial. We will face much trial. Be thankful for trials we go through. If our life was easy then it wouldn't be worth living. We cannot grow without trials. This week we had Zone Conference and it was awesome to see all the missonaries in the Sioux Falls Zone and the Brookings Zone. We had inspired, prepared training from our leaders, Mission President, his wife and the Stake President. We did a lot of the training with the come follow me method. It is great putting many minds together. We could bring up concerns and difficulties that we are having and we can hear from other missionaries and their advice and experiences of how to teach or handle a situation. During the second day of Zone conference we had a meeting for those in training and for leaders so I went to that. When we were at the part of the meeting for those who are being trained I mentioned how in the MTC I learned a way that we can ask better questions. How this is done is by just asking questions when teaching. No statements. It is a growing opportunity. President said lets role play it. Everyone was like "ohhhhh!". I did this question method with the President acting as the investigator. I was asking him about what he had Faith in then about how he could grow his faith in Jesus Christ and he answered going to church. That is when I ended with "Will you go to Church this Sunday?". Then everyone was laughing. It was pretty funny and I just laugh everytime I think about it. Then we had interviews with him most of the day. He has to interview all of us every three month usually at Zone Conference. I feel sorry for him.
Sunday after church we taught Marie. She is from africa, speaks okay english, and french and some other language. She has been coming to church for over a month and we set her baptismal date this weekend on the 23rd but we were going to push it back a week but we felt that she would be ready so her baptism is this Saturday! She asked me to baptize her and for my companion to confirm her. My heart was beating for a long time after she said that. How blessed am I to be a servant of the Lord?! To do his work and to help others come unto Christ? To have the opportunity to have this experience is amazing. Immediately after this I brought out the picture of the temple again and I told her how the main goal is to get to the temple so we can make more covenants with Him and to recieve even more blessings that you could possibly imagine. She then asked a question and it took my companion and I a couple minutes to realize what she was really saying. Her question was, holding up the picture of the temple, "Is this on Earth?" It made me think a lot later. How beautiful and blessed we are to have the House of the Lord on the Earth and to be able to enter it? Temples are heaven on Earth. When entering the temple know that you are passing the veil into his presence. When we come down to Earth and are born we pass through the veil and we forget everything. When going to the temple we go back to his presence and we can remember what we knew before. I think that is part of the reason why we can come to the temple with questions and why they are answered there.
I love all of you. Always remember the greatest act of love. Heavenly Father giving his only begotten.
Love,
Elder Turner
No comments:
Post a Comment