Dear everyone,
This week was awesome as usual. As you have seen in the other emails with pictures Lindsey was baptized! The pictures of me in the snow were taking a couple hours before hand at the church. When we have baptisms we have to go four hours before hand to start filling up the font with warm water so they don't freeze when they get dunked. I drove in the snow and shoveled snow for the first time that morning. It is apparent one of the greatest obstacles in this mission is the cold. I am doing my best to embrace it. One of the members in our ward is a police man in Sioux Falls and he says during the summer accidents are down but most accidents are fatal. In the winter there are ten times as many accidents but most are not fatal. So odds are I will be fine. I just need to drive slow. Lindsey's baptism was great. The youth temple trip was canceled and we combined her baptism with Abbey Rees an 8 year old in the ward so we had a good amount of people there. Brother Rees baptized both of them. We had a lot of refreshments after and we got some of the leftovers. Just a bonus of having baptism services. I confirmed Lindsey yesterday during sacrament. It was a great spiritual experience. She thanked me after with a handshake ( I was very happy because she didn't try to hug me. It is just awkward for missionaries when that happens) then she went over to her mom and son and gave them hugs. There was a lot of love taking place and it is all because of our Savior and what he did for us and because our Father in heaven loves us and sent him. The members did a great job getting Lindsey's mom to come to church for her confirmation. I wasn't sure if she would come. Miracles happen everyday. Try not to blink or else you will miss all of them.
Sincerely,
Elder Turner
No comments:
Post a Comment