Dear Everyone,
Sometimes the Lord makes us wait for blessings till the end. The greatest blessings this week came at the end on Sunday. We had three investigators at church this week. I thought we would have one but two more showed up. I am not going to lie I was nervous about having to help out more than one at once. Gospel Principles class was intense yesterday. We talked about eternal marraige. One investigator went home after sacrament so there were only two in there. One of them being Lindsey who is preparing to be baptized on November 15th. Luckily we had already taught her about temples and marraige two or three times. Our other investigator Barb has only been taught the first three lessons. She has a gay daughter. It is more of a group discussion in the class more than anything else so Barb spoke up. I wanted my companion or I to give the answer but the members we had in the class did a good job at helping her out. Haley who is a very recent convert did a great job. She has family members and friends that are gay too so she helped her out the most. I am sure Barb will still have more questions and concerns but I was happy that the members handled it well.
My faith was lacking in the members that they could reach out and help our investigators and fellowship both of them but they did a good job and I learned a big lesson. Now I just hope that members in all the wards and branches I serve in will be this great. Barb has been investigating the Church for several months now and it has been a wee bit slow but all of the sudden since she has come to the Wednesday night scripture study at the church and the family history work she is truly seeing and understanding this is the Church of Jesus Christ. She is almost done with second Nephi and she read 2 Nephi 29 which is one of my favorite chapters. It is amazing how true it is. If you don't know what I am talking about I recommend you read it. It helps with missionary work and why we have the Book of Mormon and not just the bible. It was really funny last night when we met with Barb. She realized that we really could get more scripture and she said, "the question is, is the Book of Mormon it? Is there more scripture?" I was so excited when she said that. I told her no. Then she was amazed when we showed her all the scripture we have and told her how everything the prophets and apostles say in general conference is scripture too.
God still speaks to us today. He Loves us. He looks after us. When kids grow up parents who love their kids don't stop talking to them. We may be in the time period where technology has advanced but we have not recieved everything that we can learn from Heavenly Father already. I thankful for Thomas S. Monson and for the revelation he recieves. Read it, study it, ponder it and apply it and you will come to know our Savior Jesus Christ even more.
Sincerely,
Elder Turner
No comments:
Post a Comment