Wednesday, January 21, 2015

9-15-14

Dear Everyone,
 
Guess who is turning 20 on Wednesday?!
 
So I really haven't ever bible bashed before. I went from not bible bashing to the most extreme bashing ever. If someone ever invites us in to "argue" I have learned to not assume that we can reason with them about us sharing our message without them really trying to argue especially if they say their specialty is Mormons and when they start talking about religion and start being spastic and shake. Elder Cather and I just kinda took it all. It was sad. Remember that when you recieve a witness from our Heavenly Father through the Holy Ghost to not doubt it. It is truth from the Almighty. It is how we gain testimonies. We cannot know that Christ is our savior unless we know from the spirit or else it is a false witness. When we recieve answers we are to discern if it is temptation or from the Lord. It is pretty easy to determine who it is from. If it seems right and it goes along with what we know to be truth then it is from God. If it is a unclean thought then it is temptation from the devil.
 
I had a very good talk with Bishop Kidd when I was at BYU-Idaho. He talked about recieving answers to whether or not we should marry someone. When we have deep love for someone our emotions are very loud and can speak over the spirit. The spirit is not loud. It is a still small voice. It can be one of the most powerful overwhelming experiences but we should discern our emotions from the spirit not discern what the spirit is saying to us. If you are trying to figure out what the spirit is telling you it is probably not the spirit. Whatever answer or guidance we recieve will be a sure straight answer. We will not have to question it or "interpret it". Trust in the Lord. He will not fail us or forsake us. The more you act on spiritual guidance it will be easier to know when we are receiving guidance from the spirit.
 
Our Father in Heaven wants us to understand Him and what He wants for us. He can and does reveal truth to us through the spirit. We can know all truth through the spirit.
 
1 John 3
1 Behold, what manner of love‍ the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons‍ of God: therefore the world‍ knowethus not, because it knew him not.
2 Beloved, now are we the sons‍ of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall belike‍ him; for we shall see‍ him as he is.
3 And every man that hath this hope‍ in him purifieth‍ himself, even as he is pure.
We are the sons and daughters of our Father in heaven and we will be like him and be pure if we keep His commandments. He wants us to understand Him.
I know He loves me and hears me. He answers my prayers. I know that Jesus is the living Christ who atoned for my sins and the world. I know President Monson is God's prophet on the Earth and he does guide us and direct us through revelation from Him.
I love all of you!
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment