Dear Everyone,
I have been blessed so much within these first three months in the mission field. I have learned about how to do the work here and I know I still have a lot more to learn. Being able to testify of Jesus Christ and the restoration of his church and power and authority on the Earth to all of God's children is hard work but nothing is more rewarding. The work has been moving along more and more and this week has been amazing.
When I entered the food pantry to do service this week the news was interviewing John the manager. I could possibly be in the background on TV this last week. That would be pretty sweet. My companion and I walking our bikes in the building. Hopefully everyone who saw us will know we are missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and will think better of us.
I love my area and the people in it. We have so much diversity with the people and where they are from and with the area itself. We have some city but we also go out to the middle of nowhere too. I went to Iowa again this week and tried to find some members but their houses didn't exist. Believe it or not but missionaries have some fun sometimes too. Last night when coming back into our apartment there was a huge toad by our stairs. We picked him up and tried to hold him as he kept jumping out of our hands. Holding a giant toad is more fun than you would think. Try it out some time.
Having three sets of missoinaries in the ward can be tough on the members with learning our names but I feel after being here for three month that some members are finally learning my name.
This is the last week of the transfer and I am not sure what is going to happen. I am 90% sure that I will be getting a new companion and that I will be staying but from what I've seen and heard from just one transfer nothing is forsure. Either way I know wherever I go is where the Lord wants me to be. I will be place where I can touch the hearts of His children through the spirit.
I love all of you!
Love,
Elder Turner
No comments:
Post a Comment