This has been an interesting week. Half the days have gone by really fast and the other half not so fast. If I said it was cold before I lied. Now it is cold. It was -8 on the way to the library today and it will get even colder still. Luckily -30 is when we stay inside. In a month or two I am going to love the -8 weather because it will be "warm".
Every week we go to feeding south dakota to do service. They are moving into a newer building soon and a couple weeks ago they were taking pictures of my companionship and another pair of missionaries to put in the paper. I saw the paper and it had three missionaries in the picture. Everyone but me........... and it only had Elder Bolton's name in it. This week the workers there ( not argusleader the newspaper) did a short interview with all four of us and took more pictures of us doing service. I decided that if I am in it I will be happy and if not that is that. I was sad I wasn't in the paper but I guess that is just God telling me I shouldn't be selfish. I just got really excited I would be in it then my hopes and dreams were shattered. Oh well. I still have the gospel.
Thanksgiving was sweet. I had two thanksgiving dinners and was stuffed way full. Friday we helped out a members boss move. It was a really nice guy and he was happy we helped out. Hopefully that will help open the door for him to learn more about the gospel. Later we went to the light parade downtown. It was awesome to see so many people but the parade itself was okay.
Last night we called one of our investigators and asked when we could meet again and he said he will call us today. I told my companion I would be ecstatic if he did. I pray that he does. Just him doing that shows his commitments towards seeking the word of God. We also set up the christmas tree we had in the closet. I wish I had some christmas music though.
Elder Turner
No comments:
Post a Comment