This week has been crazy and it just gets more exciting every day. As you know I have been transferred to Dayton/Ranchester Wyoming. Last Tuesday The transfer van pulled into the church parking lot and Elder Young and I were expecting to see his new companion Elder Clark. Everyone is talking and is so glad to see each other and the whole time I was wondering where his new companion was. After 20 minutes we talk to the Zone Leaders and they start laughing once they realized his companion wasn't there. They eventually call up the AP's and they said Elder Young is getting a new companion. He didn't know neither did the zone leaders. I guess the AP's didn't care to let anyone know about the emergency exchange. I wonder why he got a new one but yeah he did. Because transfers are crazy it ended up that Elder Young and I went back to our area with Elder Jones in a tripanionship until that night. We taught a pastor all together. That was interesting. He was really nice and didn't argue or anything. I am not sure what all he accepted as truth but one thing is for sure I convinced him that the jews were in apostasy before Christ came to Earth because if they really were receiving revelation from God they would've accepted Christ as their Savior . That night I slept at the ZL's with 10 other missionaries. Luckily I scored a couch. When I woke up at 6 to get ready (we had to leave at 7) my stomach didn't feel good at all. A couple other missionaries told me I wasn't sick. They were wrong of course. It is now 6:50 AM and we are packing up the van in -20 degree weather. I squat over and start throwing up as everyone goes on their merrily way packing. They believed me now. I was with three other missionaries driving a full sized truck following the van. We stopped a lot and I had a lot of close calls. I had a bag in the car so I threw up a couple times in that. I also had Diahhrea ( I dont know how that is spelled). By the time we got to Rapid City I had no idea how I still had anything in my system. President Anderson was there at the Church when we stopped and I told him I didn't know if I could make it. Then he said well you are going to have to make it. I am not going to lie this was the worst day of my mission. We were joking about how I was sick the whole time and I was so surprised how awesome my attitude was. I was so happy for how sick I was. Noone said I looked very happy which doesn't surprise me but I was still cracking jokes. From Rapid to Gillette it was me and two other Elders one of which who came out the same time I did and we were in the corolla. I tried so hard to sleep it off. Being in a moving vehicle doesn't help with a sick stomach. I don't get motion sickness or anything like that but when I am in the car and it moves around my stomach it does make it worse. When we got to Gillette I was thinking I would only have two or so more hours of driving and then I would be good. I was feeling slightly better but it turns out the only reason why I did feel better is because the Lord was blessing me. I found out my new companion doesn't have a license and so I get to drive. Now I am excited to drive but when I was sick I wasn't so. We drive a truck by the way! We had to make several stops in buffalo and sheridan to drop off luggage from other missionaries but we finally made it.
The first day or two we were at home and I was mostly sleeping. But I feel a lot better now and I am excited to work here! The members are awesome, the area is awesome, the truck is awesome, and I feel healthy. We live right next to the mountains too. Our branch had a snow day and they brought some nonmembers so we went so I could meet the members before church on Sunday. It is beautiful. I took a couple pictures and I will probably send them next week. It was pretty warm on the hill which was even better. I have never seen so many snowmobiles in my life. People would sled down this huge hill then the snowmobiles would take them back up. Sadly my companion lost are phone up there so we are working on getting another one.
Everyone here is sooo nice. I haven't met one rude or mean person. I am sure I will eventually and if I do I will let you know. There is a ton of wildlife especially deer and turkey. The deer act like they own the town. It has only been a couple days and I have already walked past five deer that were all 5 feet away from me a couple times. I didn't have my camera but I am sure I will get some more cool pictures. They don't really plow the roads here which is kinda sad. Almost everywhere you go it is just packed down snow. It rained a couple days ago too so it is really slick. Most people here work in Sheridan which is a little drive away but everyone else is pretty much a rancher. I don't think I will make it up to Wyola, Montana this week but I will be excited to go there. It is on an Indian reservation. It only has 50 people or so. Even more crazy as you have heard about in the email I just sent earlier today part of my mission is being dissolved into other missions and the mission headquarters are now in Bismark, North Dakota. I may get called to another mission. This week has been crazy. Oh yeah and my new companion has only been here for a transfer and is leaving at the end of this one so I need to learn the area in a transfer.
Elder Turner
No comments:
Post a Comment