Wednesday, January 21, 2015

12-22-14

This was an exciting week. We had exchanges with the 2nd ward elders so I went to downtown sioux falls for the day. Their area is right next to ours but they probably have the biggest population in the mission if not then really close. We live right on the edge of ours and I always want to track out their area and I finally could do it. It was great. We saw a lot of small miracles through out the day. For some reason exchanges always bring miracles.
 
I have to admit they had a lot of interesting people they teach. One of which is Linda. She wants to convert us to christian. Sadly for her she doesn't need to so her efforts are wasted. She brings up a lot of anti mormon stuff and doesn't like when we teach yet she still sets up return appointments. It is crazy. It is really hard to explain how the discussions go with her. You have to be there. They tried to tell me before hand but after we ended I asked why they didn't give me a better heads up and they said we did the best we could haha.
 
I spent most of the exchange on the west part of sioux falls in another set of elders area. We were moving someone into their area. Moving people is fun especially in the cold. The most fun part was playing live tetris. Packing up all their things into a small garage storage unit. It nice to get breaks from straight missionary work sometimes so doing service like that was awesome.
 
We had our christmas program at church yesterday. I sung lots of songs and it was awesome. Then I was asked to teach the gospel principles class on the final judgement. We almost just had one recent convert there because Lindsey left after Sacrament to spend time with family but we ended up having two. It was a great discussion though. Being in the gospel principles class makes me realize that I should've been going there before my mission because I had no idea what it was before. I just want to encourage others to go there if they are planning on serving a mission because everything in there you teach as a missionary.
 
I was reading through the Christmas story by myself the other day. If you haven't done so by yourself before I encourage you to. Study it. There is much you can learn from it and how the Savior came to world the first time. As you open your gifts this christmas think about Him. Not just Him coming into the world as a baby but his atonement. Remember that he lives today and because he does so will you.
 
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment