Wednesday, January 21, 2015

11-24-14

Dear sons and daughters of God,
 
At the beginning of the week I decided that we would try to ride our bikes in the freezing cold with snow covering the ground. It was a lot of fun other than my fingers and toes taking forever to thaw out afterwards. People drive past and think we are crazy. It is probably because we are. Do you know what is more fun than fishtailing while driving a car? Doing it on a bike. Since it has been cold and people see out and about some of them are more open to hearing our message. They realize what we are going through to share the gospel and bring others to Christ. One man who hasn't been to church in years was open enough to talk to us when we told him how far we walked in the cold to visit him. We didn't teach him but we had a good conversation and it was a miracle. A light on a hill cannot be hid. Others see what missionaries do whether it be good or bad. Same goes for any member of the church. We are profiled immediately. It is a great thing if you are keeping God's commandments though!
 
Our teaching pool has shrunk a wee bit and it has been a little more difficult finding people to teach but we have had a lot of success this last week. We even got a media referal! My first one ever.
 
Heavenly Father wants us to have success. If you pray for it chances are he will help you with it. This week I was not wanting to go tracting in the cold. You know what happened? It warmed up a ton. It even rained yesterday and most of the snow melted. True Story. I keep telling everyone I bring the warm weather with me. I don't know if it will be warm this whole winter because I pray for it. He doesn't always give us what we want but he does always give us what we need.
 
Sincerely,
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment