Wednesday, January 21, 2015

10-14-14

Dear Everyone,
 
There are a lot of changes taking place this week. My companion is leaving to Casper and my new companero is Elder Young. It will be interesting having a new companion and to meet him. The transfer train comes in tonight at 10 so that is when I will meet him. All I know about him personally is he is tall, big and wears glasses. We have a lot of getting to know each other!
 
This week has been crazy. Crazy good of course. Lindsey, one of our investigators, just took off for vacation to florida. She is the only one who has a baptismal date so it is sad she is gone and we cannot teach her. She is really awesome. I have mentioned her in previous emails. We had exchanges with the zone leaders and I wasn't there when she was taught the word of wisdom and the next time I saw her she asked me what I thought about it. Funny how she thought I would give her a different answer from the other missionaries. She was really struggling with the reasons why we have the word of wisdom. We as missionaries can explain things very well sometimes or so we think in our heads. The place we can turn to with the best answers is the spirit and the scriptures. If we take time to just open up the scriptures and read them with investigators then their understanding will increase far more than if we were just to explain it to them through word of mouth. Using our own testimony and the testimony of the prophets will invite the spirit better than just our own testimony. Instead of trying to reteach the word of wisdom and explaining it in another way I just had us read D&C 89 with her. I asked her if she understood why we had it and she said it made sense. The scriptures are powerful. She is ready for baptism and I am really excited for her. She has made so many changes. After we taught her about keeping the Sabbath Day Holy she committed to getting work off on Sundays. Her next big concern is paying Tithing so we will see how this one goes!
 
We switched Pday to today Tuesday because yesterday was columbus/Native american day. I didn't understand why we switched pday because I felt like noone had work off. I was right. Except a less active family in the ward was home! The Husband didn't have work off because of the holiday but still he was home and we always struggle to see him and his wife. We had a great visit with them. It is funny how I will question things like that and then the Lord shows me why I am wrong and why is he always right. Then later yesterday we were tracting and we got in and taught someone and we are coming back in a couple days! To top it off last night a member from the ward Alex( he is leaving on his mission in december) came out with us to three lessons in a row. He said he felt the spirit a lot during the last lesson. He said he was very thankful for the examples we are to him. I love him a lot. I know that he is going to be an amazing missionary in Russia.
 
I love all of you!
 
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment