This week has been great. Earlier a member asked if we could help move some people. They didn't have anyone help as much as we did and they were extremely grateful. The dad of the family we helped move in used to live in Utah and Idaho and highly dislikes mormons. He really didn't like it when I walked in with a BYU Idaho shirt. He had a stoke not too long ago and he is still recovering. At this point he can only say three things. The F word, The Lord's name in vain and gahhhh. He cannot use one of his hands so he couldn't really move anything himself. He tried to though. We helped them out a couple hours over the course of three days. At the end of the last day it was just my companion and I moving their things. He was really impressed by our work and I could tell he was grateful. He gave us a thumbs up and almost a smile. The wife was really nice the whole time and she really appreciated what we did. I know that we made a big impact on them and I know their hearts have been softened.
We had Zone Training Meeting in Gillette on Friday. It was nice to meet some new missionaries. We did an awesome roleplay. The training was about roleplays and practicing teaching and the zone leaders were asking what role plays we like to do and someone said the ones where the leaders participate and so the ZL's took him up on it. At the end of all the talking they were going to do a role play with this as the situation: A tracting approach teaching the law of chastity with some wild kids. So I am sure you can just imagine me as the dad in the role play and so missionaries acting like kids. It was a lot of fun. The ZL's didn't have any success ahhaha. At one point during the roleplay they said something about me and my wife having a beautiful family. Then I corrected them and said I had a girlfriend not a wife. It was pretty funny. The sad part is I have had that situation come up a couple times.So I forgot to add one story. Sunday night we were out trying to find less actives and I have only been here two weeks and my companion didn't know where they were at exactly and then I saw a house with a Uhaul out front and it was almost 8 pm. I said hey we should ask them if they need help to unpack the next day. So we go over and knock on the door and they open up and they were all excited and the mom asked if her old church told us about her. We were confused and said no. It turns out that they were moving in from Colorado and they were a part member convert family. We asked her if anyone knew they were coming and she said no. She couldn't believe we knocked on the door and neither could we. Pretty crazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment