Wednesday, January 21, 2015

11-10-14

Dear Everyone,
 
I love the miracles that happen every day. Blessings come in full force when you are a missionary. Lindsey Sobotka is being baptized this Saturday! I am really excited for her. Being able to teach people and see thier progression towards entering the waters of baptism is a blessing in of itself. See is trying to be a missionary be sharing the gospel with her family and friends and I know that one day if not soon while I am here that they will soften their hearts and listen to the message of the the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Her sights are on the temple as it should be for all of us. The work is real. If you haven't realized it yet then it is because you are not part of it. Include yourself in the work by including and inviting others.
 
My companion and I were walking home from the library last week and a woman and her kid pull over and we could tell they wanted to talk to us. Her kid Ryan was asking if we were Jehovah Witness and she wanted to teach him. She didn't know we were LDS either. She asked if we could teach him and of course we said yes. We went to their house and had an awesome lesson on the restoration and she loved it because we were talking about prophets and Jesus then we got into the good stuff. She is very confused about religion. She thought that all religion started with the jews and she kept saying that Jesus was a jew and that the jews religion was right but yet she is lutheran or something. We explained where the jews came from and how they had no authority and that Christ set up his church but she was so stuck on us branching off from another religion. She had a preformed answer when she asked us. We gave her a Book of Mormon and she said she would read it but she didn't want to meet with us again. It is sad how Satan has confused so many people. Most people dont understand how the bible was put together either. They just know what they hear from their pastors. It is the word of God and it is all of Gods word. If it really is all of God's word then he cannot answer our prayers anymore. How sad would that be?
 
Barb. She is a character. We hadn't seen her for a week then last night both Elder Young and I had an impression to go see her even though she said she was gone. We stopped by her apartment and we were leaving when she popped out of her car and called us over. It caught us by surprise. She was in the car watching us. Maybe she didn't know it was us I am not sure. Her daughter lost their last key to their place so she was stuck outside in the car. We talked to her and kept her company as help came. After I a while I said "hey, have you tried opening the door?" She had of course but I was hoping for a miracle. We walked over and it didn't open, then two seconds later the maintenance worker showed up with a key for her. I had good timing I thought. Her friend Dave was with her as we were talking and she said he is going to our Wednesday night scripture study. That was really exciting and I am just happy we followed the promptings of the spirit and had a chance to talk to Barb. She is slowly realizing this church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is where she needs to go. We are planning to put her on date tomorrow. I will be surprised if she says no. I think the tought part with her will helping her quit smoking.
 
My ward is doing a christmas choir and we had our first practice yesterday after church. It reminds me off the stake youth choir back home. I am super excited to be apart of the ward choir. I am horrible at singing ( I don't give myself any credit) but I love being apart of choir. Especially Christmas choir. Elder Young expressed one of his Christmas finding activities which I had thought about previously. Caroling missionaries. I am soo excited to put this idea into practice. The winter here is hard for missionaries because it gets dark at 4 pm and people get mad if you knock on their door but this is an awesome idea. We are planning to get several missionaries involved and some members and hopefully we can get on the news in Sioux Falls. I better practice my talents! If you are wondering what to send me for christmas an early christmas music cd present would be sweet!
 
I feel that with the spirit of Christ in everyone's home this season of the year that our missionary efforts and service will yield more blessings than at any other time. I have gained a firm testimony that doing service for others like our Savior does that we can help soften hearts. So keep up the service!
 
Sincerely,
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment