Wednesday, January 21, 2015

7-28-14

Dear Everyone,
 
This first week of the transfer has been amazing. It was sad to see missoinaries leave our zone but I know the missionaries that took their place are supposed to be here right now. We have a couple progressing investigators who are doing awesome. We put one on date this week and she is willing to do all she needs to do to be baptized and recieve the gift of the Holy Ghost. I love her willingness to follow Jesus Christ and his example. Another one of our investigators and her daughter came to a scripture study and her daughter went to mutual. They both loved it. The daughter said all the other girls were super nice and they talked to each other a lot and she wants to come this week for games. The investigator made amazing progress during the study. We were studying the Isiah chapters in 2 Nephi and she made the statement it is really nice how well the Book of Mormon goes with the bible. She was happy because she is comfortable with the bible and she was scared to find weird stuff in the Book of Mormon. She also committed to live the word of the wisdom. During a lesson her daughter brought out tea and I was almost happy she did. We taught her about it right then and there. She understood the importance of it and the why which is great. This week we had a baptism, An 11 year-old in our ward. Elder Cather baptized him and I confirmed him. It was an amazing experience that I will never forget. They had us over for dinner Sunday night too. We are getting them to the temple. I know it.
 
We did not have very much time to go tracting. Whenever we had free time to do it someone called us to help them move or pack. A sister in our ward was getting kicked out of her house so we went over and helped her out. She started breaking down crying. I offered to give her a blessing of comfort. She gladly accepted. I have had several chances to exercise my priesthood and I consider myself lucky. I gave a talk this Sunday too. The youth speaker wasn't there so we had three adult speakers. I only had 8 minutes to speak. I was not too happy about that. I was planning on speaking for at least 15 minutes. I had to condense everything and everyone said it was great but I was sad I didn't get to share everything I prepared. I didn't spend much time preparing my talk. I printed off a couple talks from lds.org and then I just put down 20 points down that I wanted to cover the morning of. It took me maybe 20 minutes.
 
One of the days that we had a short time to tract a nine year old boy followed us on our bike. He was curious. I talked to him a little bit and he said he knew everyone on the street. Two houses in we were talking to or trying to talk to some africans that didn't speak any english. All of the sudden there were ten kids all on their bikes surrounding us and all saying they don't speak english. The nine year old didn't lie. They all followed us and pointed out who was home and which homes no one lived in. They knew everyone on the street. We had our own little fan club. Just like Jesus we suffered the little children. I was going to get a picture of all of them as we finished but they took off before I could.
 
Last Pday we went to the falls. They are gross. It was a cool sight and a nice place to be though. I took a bunch of pictures. This picture right here is my favorite. I was feeling creative at the moment.
 
I love all of you and I know how much our Heavenly Father loves you. Don't forget that.
 
Sincerely,
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment