Wednesday, January 21, 2015

9-22-14

Dear Everyone,
 
It is amazing how the Lord answers prayers. I have had many chances to teach people and the work in our area has picked up every week so much so that I only tracted once this last week and it was for maybe like a half hour. When I first got here we were doing hours on end of tracting, even a month ago we were doing a bunch of tracting. Usually when we go to see if we can teach someone they are not home, or say they are too busy but now we try a two people and we are able to get in with one of them and teach them. Also yesterday at church in priesthood they asked who wanted to teach the lesson next week so I volunteered for that too. It will be exciting to teach a different audience.
 
Not only are we blessed with teaching so many lessons but we had a major chance to serve on Saturday. A recent convert decided he needed to install drain tile around his house. None of the members showed up but it was my companion and I and another pair of missionaries. We had to dig six feet deep around his house. I was there for most of the day and it was nice to do something other than teaching for a change. Once again when I first got here and for the first couple months we seeked out service oppourtunities and couldn't find any but now it seems like Heavenly Father is just giving everything to us. He called us and asked us to help out. How sweet is that?!
 
Even more so it was my Birthday and I got some awesome music and speakers and food. Food is good. I like to often refer to the first verse in the Book of Mormon.
 
1 I, Nephi, having been born‍ of goodly parents, therefore I was taught‍ somewhat in all the learning of my father; and having seen manyafflictions‍ in the course of my days, nevertheless, having been highly favored of the Lord in all my days; yea, having had a great knowledgeof the goodness and the mysteries of God, therefore I make a record‍ of my proceedings in my days.
 
How blessed I have been being born of goodly parents who have taught me truth and brought me up in light and knowledge of our Heavenly Father. I have gone through some tough trials and trubulations but I have been highly favored of the Lord up to this point (20 years). I would like to say I know some of the myseries of God. Having read the Book of Mormon I know of the great plan of salvation and many other things that most of the world does not know. Therefore I try to write in my journal as often as I can. I guess since all of these things are true I should be more like Nephi and make a record of what is going on everyday in my life.
 
I love all of you!
 
Sincerely,
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment