Wednesday, January 21, 2015

9-29-14

Dear Everyone,
 
The leave are changing colors and are falling already. The bugs have been out but it is beautiful here. Soon enough it will be way too cold for them to survive. If you are wondering what I would like in a package some hot chocolate would be sweet, or handwarmers. From what I have heard most missionaries have a golf ball with them while tracting to knock on doors because it is soo cold. Hopefully more people will be inside at home during the winter so when we go tracting everyone answers the door. The gospel needs to spread and proclaimed to all of God's Children.
 
The spirit is quiet most of the time but while doing missionary work it can be very loud. I have expressed how the spirit tends to remind me several times to do things but this week not only did it hit me three times but every time it was louder. If the Lord didn't give us second, third, and so on chances to do what he wants us to do then he wouldn't be a merciful God. But he is. My testimony of how the spirit gives me direction grows every day. I hope to be able to recognize it the first time every time and not question.
 
I have been blessed this week to see how spiritual children really are. We had two lessons when we were reading with a bunch of kids. When I see their desire to read the word of God and to try and understand it it really brings the spirit into the room. It makes me happy when I see blessed children because it reminds me of how blessed I was as a child.
 
One of our investigators Lindsey loves to read the Book of Mormon. She said," I can't believe I had never heard of this book before!" She knows it is the word of God. When she was reading from it during one of our lessons I could feel the spirit lighting her soul. I felt how Heavenly Father is softening her heart. It is amazing when you can see the difference but it is another experience to feel it. It was like she was the light in the room. She was shining with the spirit. It makes me so happy to see the difference it has had on her. I was a little afraid to teach her the Law of Chastity because she has a two year old son and has a boyfriend. That was the first time I have been scared to teach it. I know I shouldn't have been. I taught her anyways. She agreed with it and it turned out that her boyfriend doesn't live with her and she said nothing is happening till he puts a ring on it, pointing to her finger. Never be shy or timid about sharing the gospel. Calling repentance to others is joyous if we do it with love.
 
William, who has been taught since before I was here, has been on date like three times but wasn't coming to church. We decided to not put him on date again until he came to church. After longsuffering he came to church yesterday! He loved when Bro. Bailey talked about the strait and narrow path and how it is not an easy path. There are many obstacles. I gave the lesson during priesthood on showing our faith and I gave three people the opportunity to share their testimony. He was one of the three. He gave a wonderful testimony. He has committed to come every week now. I have faith he can do it.
 
As we pray for specific individuals and that their hearts will be softened, if it be the will of the Lord he will soften them. He will let us help prepare them to recieve the gospel. He wants all of his children to hear it so you don't need to be timid to pray for anyone and everyone.
 
I love all of you! Remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto you and the children of men and to be merciful unto others.
 
Love,
Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment