Dear Fanclub ( jk),
We headed up to Fargo, North Dakota a week ago for zone conference. I have now been to 4 of the 7 states in my mission. Dreams are becoming reality. There have not been many missionaries at all that have been to all 7 but I can do it. I know I have no power over it just like men don't have any power over whether or not they can grow facial hair but I still try.
Elder Nash is the most powerful teacher that I have seen with my own eyes. He teaches by the spirit and is dependent on the Lord. He is humble and knows that he by himself can do nothing but can do anything and everything through our Savior Jesus Christ. I could feel the spirit testifying to me that the things he said were true. He is going to be an apostle someday soon. I am calling it. I got to shake his hand and talk to him for about 30 seconds. I didn't get a picture with him sadly. I was close though. He taught us about principles. He said as the church becomes larger and larger we are going to have to rely on principles and not programs. Every lesson that we learn has a principle to it. I liken it to our lives. We all have similar things happen in our life but yet they are so different. It is never the same as others. We cannot always do the same exact thing as people do in the scriptures. As we rely on principles more we rely on the spirit to direct us what to do. Ultimately this is the Church of Jesus Christ and it is directed by him. If we do not rely on the spirit of the Lord then it is no longer His church and it is our church because we make the choices. We need to rely on Him. When it is His church the work moves forward and happiness takes place of sorrow and pain.
We had a ward trunk or treat activity and our investigator Barb came. She won the chili cook-off! I have no idea if that was just the ward being nice or if she really did win it. It was really good chili so I think she really did have the best chili. She exclaimed "Yes! the deer venison worked! Noone even had a clue!" or something along those lines. Yes that night was the first time I have ever had deer. She also just gave us more deer meat by itself so I will be cooking that this week. It pretty much just tastes like beef. Not bad.
I am really excited for Lindsey. She is being baptized on the 15th and we are working on preparing her. This week we will be planning the details for the service. I wish I could come back for her when she goes through the temple.
My testimony of the Savior and his love is bigger than before. Seeing how He changes the hearts of those we teach and come in contact with is a miracle. I Know that one day I can change my faith into a perfect knowledge. It may not be until after this life but miracles happen. Just remember how God and Jesus Christ answered Joseph Smith's first uttered prayer.
Sincerely,
Elder Turner
No comments:
Post a Comment